We’re building a new kids’ product company for a new generation of parents, starting with our innovative stroller. Our mission is to radically improve the experience of buying kids’ products and put money back in parents’ pockets at a time they need it most. We’re looking for great people to join our team.
About the Role
As Product Development Manager, you will work directly with our founder and design director on streamlining existing product and and expanding new product initiatives.
- Create and successfully achieve calendar deadlines for all critical components of the development-through-delivery process.
- Communicate with domestic and overseas vendors and partners, quality control, and 3PL, ensuring all aspects of all products are in line with established samples, costs, timing and quality from inception to completion to delivery.
- Oversee production costs, margins and profitability for all product and partnerships.
- Partner with design director in the sourcing, review, evaluation, development, and acceptance of new component ideas and custom requests.
- Review prototypes and production samples for compliance of specifications, with special attention to kids product regulations and testing requirements.
- Lead weekly production update with cross-functional team.
- Contribute to overall brand growth: work closely with design director and product vendors to strategize production of new product and redevelopment of current product.
- A utility player: you’re equal parts analytical and creative, planner and doer
- Highly analytical: able to collect and analyze data and synthesize into themes, insights, and “so what’s”
- Detail oriented: know your numbers, nothing falls through the cracks, and take great pride in your work
- Confident, poised, articulate and comfortable interacting with counterparts at any level of seniority in any part of the world
- Motivated and a self-starter
- Both a planner and a doer. No task is too small.
- Not one to take yourself too seriously and have a good sense of humor.
- Interested in startups, e-commerce brands, and the kids’ products market
- Extensive knowledge and experience in product development and production overseas for both hard goods and soft goods
- 3+ Years of Experience.
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills.
- Previous experience in regulated consumer goods (children’s products, medical devices, etc.)
- Proven track record of successfully leading a team
- Strong negotiation/ pricing skills.
This position is based in New York, NY. Some domestic and international travel is expected.
Colugo is committed to building a team of individuals from different backgrounds and perspective. We’re committed to creating a work environment that is inclusive and safe, and where our team feels a true sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are determined to go above and beyond in fostering diversity within our company.